Monday 16 February 2015

Санкт-Петербург Part 1


These photos were taken five months ago, in September in St. Petersburg, Russian Federation.
Is just the latest, for now, of my travels alone.
Before leaving I had very positive expectations, but when I arrived in St. Petersburg, they have exceeded my imagination. I think this is the best trip I've ever done on my own, one in which I found myself really well, both with the place and certainly with the people, despite I didn't know a word of Russian. The city is very well organized, also links with more remote areas are efficient and responsive. Besides the most famous attractions in the city, I recommend you to visit the lesser known places, such as a small lake with a lot of sand and ducks, ideal for picnics or for quiet walks away from the chaos of the city center. This oasis of peace within the city is on the Metro Ozerki, blue line 2. A cultural adventure can be visit the Orešek Fortress, located in Lake Ladoga, the largest glacial lake in Europe.It's so weird 'cause when I was there I could think of many things that I could write here on the blog, and now it's as if I did not mention anything. The same way I thought was strange organize and upload pictures ... after five months! Usually when I get back from a trip, one of the things I do in the immediate is to choose and thinking about photos to upload, but this time it is looped so. It is as if everything I've lived and feel there were too personal to tell others. However I recommend anyone to visit this city, not as a tourist but as a citizen of the world. Although the theory of climates, I can say that the people I met in this amazing experience have been very helpful and friendly, even strangers stopped to ask for directions were fundamental for the good memories that I have now. Especially I'm grateful and I do not forget the two guys, Maxime and Igor, met in the hostel, they made more friendly and homely my stay in St. Petersburg.
 The State Hermitage Museum
 From my badroom's window
 Pl.Vosstaniya Metro
 Kupchino
Heart of St. Petersburg
 On the top of St. Isaac's Cathedral
 Park near my hostel
 Summer Garden
 The church of Savior on the Spilled Blood
 Nevski Prospect